» Job Vacancy: Lost Blanket Guardian
Job Vacancy: Lost Blanket Guardian
Every year, thousands of children across the UK lose their beloved blankets and comforters. At the In the Night Garden Live Showdome, we find lost blankets, quilts and comforters that have been accidentally left behind or inadvertently dropped from a moving buggy. We do everything we can to re-unite these treasured possessions with their owners, but sometimes this takes a while and in a few sad cases the owner has yet to come forward (although we never give up hope).
We were inspired by the events of the Ninky Nonk show, where Igglepiggle loses his blanket, and all his friends help him to find it, and have identified a need for a person within our team to look after these Lost Blankets while they’re in our care, with a special focus on boosting reunion rates with owners.
So we’re seeking to recruit a Lost Blanket Guardian to join our team at our London Bridge Office!
- providing on-going comfort to Lost Blankets through playtime, cuddling, and regular naps
- ensuring Lost Blankets are maintained in their arrival condition (they must not be cleaned or have missing stitches replaced – Lost Blankets must smell, look and feel unchanged when they are returned to their owner)
- conducting thorough investigative work to find the owners of Lost Blankets (checking CCTV footage, making door-to-door enquiries and liaising with comforter consultants)
- monitoring joy and satisfaction rates when Lost Blankets are reunited with their children
Hours of work
- the role is required 7 days a week, but hours will vary depending on how many Lost Blankets are in our care at any time
- core hours include 5.30pm – 7.30pm as bed-time is often particularly difficult for our Lost Blankets
- holidays are only permitted if the Lost Blankets are taken with you so that daily cuddling and care can be maintained
- level 3 BTEC or equivalent qualification in Comfort Object Care
- willingness to undertake additional training as necessary (we’re particularly keen to improve our care for soft toys and taggies)
- at least 2 years’ experience caring for blankets (this need not be in a professional environment)
Salary: National Cuddling Wage, £7.20 per hour
To apply for the role, please send an email outlining your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org including the contact details for at least two soft toys that we may contact for a reference.
Closing date: 12 noon, Friday 1st April 2016